John M. Lekse Scholarship Fund The John M. Lekse Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for volunteers of the Upper St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department or for their dependent children.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Opens: 11/15/2021
Application Period Closes: 3/31/2022
- Attend or plan to attend an accredited trade school, vocational school or 2- or 4- year college or university.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to volunteer service or participation in the Upper St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department. Dependent children should show commitment to any volunteer or community service.
- Be a current volunteer of the Upper St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department or a dependent child of.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit a letter from the chief/president of the Upper St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department which verifies your service.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.