Bradley “Ace” Schaffner Scholarship Fund The Bradley “Ace” Schaffner Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation in honor of Ace by his parents to provide scholarships for students living in Southwestern Pennsylvania who are pursing a 4-year liberal arts degree.
Average Award: $2,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend or plan to attend an accredited 4-year college or university either full or half-time.
- Reside in Southwestern PA (Allegheny County, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington, Westmoreland, or Fayette counties).
- Pursue a degree or studies in liberal arts.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA between 2.0 and 3.5 in high school.
- Be a good student who often is in the middle – not at the top or bottom of their class – and who has ambitions (exhibited through their application and essay) for a helping profession.
- Preference will be given to students who have taken a non-traditional academic route (either not g one straight to college or took time off and are going back or went to community college first).
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit one letter of reference from someone who is not related to you.