Walter Carlyle Shaw Scholarship Fund Walter Carlyle Shaw and his partner purchased G.C. Murphy Stores circa 1910. The main office opened and remained in McKeesport, PA until the company was sold in 1985. The Walter Carlyle Shaw Scholarship Fund was created to provide scholarships to McKeesport High School seniors who plan to go into the medical field, inclusive of veterinarian science.
Average Award: $1,000 each to three students annually.
Award Type: Single-Year
- Attend McKeesport High School as a graduating senior.
- Pursue a degree or studies in the medical field, inclusive of veterinarian science.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).