Marlene Keller Farkas Memorial Scholarship Fund The Marlene Keller Farkas Memorial Scholarship Fund was created 2001 by family members to honor the memory of Marlene Keller Farkas, who devoted countless hours to helping her fellow citizens take advantage of every opportunity available to them for achievement and advancement in life. She tutored many students and often guided them in filling out applications for additional education or employment. A dedicated volunteer in the community, Mrs. Farkas was a member of numerous community organizations. She was a 1941 graduate of McKeesport High School. After serving in the Waves in World War II, she earned her undergraduate degree at the University of Pittsburgh in 1948. A wife and mother, Mrs. Farkas died on June 30, 1974. This fund provides scholarships to graduating seniors of McKeesport High School who plan to pursue post-secondary education at a college, university or technical school.
Award Type: Single-Year Award.
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 4/1/2024
You are now leaving The Pittsburgh Foundation website and entering Scholarship America’s website where the specific fund you are applying to will be included within a combined application offering additional scholarship opportunities.
- Attend McKeesport High School as a graduating senior.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Plan to attend an accredited technical school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate financial need and those with community service experience.
How to Apply
- Click the button on this page and follow the instructions from Scholarship America. (This page will show the button when the application period is open.)