Kennametal Scholarship Fund The Kennametal Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to support students in Southwestern Pennsylvania with financial need pursuing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related degrees. The purpose of the scholarship is to broaden the awareness of opportunities in STEM by supporting students within racial and ethnic minority groups.
Average Award Varies
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years).
- Attend high school as a graduating senior.
- Reside in one of the nine counties compromising the Southwestern PA: Allegheny County, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Green, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland as a permanent resident.
- Pursue a degree or studies in the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
- Have participated in school sports, activities and/ or volunteer within the community.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25.
- Plan to attend an accredited 4-year college or university full-time.
- Preference will be given to students from racial and ethnic minority groups.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.