James S. and Dorothy Dickson Scholarship Fund The James S. and Dorothy Dickson Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide an annual, one-time scholarship to assist with expenses for college, university, or trade school for a student who graduated from high school in Allegheny County and has a demonstrated passion to enrich the lives of others.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Opens: 11/15/2021
Application Period Closes: 3/31/2022
- Attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Graduated from a high school in Allegheny County.
- Have a demonstrated passion to improve the lives of others evidenced by past activities, accomplishments and/or career goals.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from at least one semester of post-secondary education.
- Be a student who does not qualify for federal and state grant programs.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.