James S. and Dorothy Dickson Scholarship Fund The James S. and Dorothy Dickson Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarship support for college, university, or trade school expenses for an Allegheny County student who has a demonstrated passion to enrich the lives of others.
Average Award: $5,000
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in successive years.
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 4/1/2024
- Graduated from high school while residing in Allegheny County, PA.
- Have a demonstrated passion to improve the lives of others evidenced by past activities, accomplishments, and/or career goals.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from at least one semester of post-secondary education.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2- or 4-year college or university as a second, third, or fourth-year undergraduate student with either part-time or full-time status.
- Be a student that does not qualify for federal and state grant programs but demonstrates financial need.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.