Donald L. Lampus Scholarship Fund The Donald L. Lampus Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide a multi-year scholarship for students graduating from the school district that includes the Borough of Springdale to further their educational journey with extended study, either through a vocational program or institution of higher education.
Average Award: $5,000 per year for up to 4 years.
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain degree enrollment in the outlined majors.
Application Period Opens: 1/16/2024
Application Period Closes: 3/29/2024
- Attend a school within the district that includes the Borough of Springdale as a graduating senior.
- Pursue a degree or studies in the focus areas of natural science, mathematics, engineering, business administration, or the construction trades. (Recipients must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in one of these fields of study.)
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2- or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from a coach, mentor, boss (current or former) or any other professional sponsor that highlights the applicant’s determination, drive and goals.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.