Hirsh Family Scholarship Fund The Hirsh Family Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory/honor of Scott F. Hirsh to provide two scholarships for high school seniors in the Baldwin, Whitehall, Keystone Oaks, and Brentwood communities who plan to attend a 4-year college or university in a nursing program.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2023
Application Period Closes: 3/30/2023
- Attend high school as a graduating senior in the Baldwin-Whitehall School District, Keystone Oaks School District, and Brentwood Borough School District.
- Pursue a degree or studies in nursing with plans on becoming a registered nurse (RN).
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend a 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from someone unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.