Martin J. Mitchell Scholarship Fund The Martin J. Mitchell Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide one or more scholarships at a college or university for an employee or a child of an employee or former employee of Iron Age (previously Childs) Corporation.
Average Award: $2,500 to $3,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be an employee/former employee, or the child of an employee/former employee of Iron Age (Childs) Corporation.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from someone unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.