Mary Agnes Powers Scholarship Fund The Mary Agnes Powers Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for students of Nursing who are permanent residents of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties. Her family created the Mary Agnes Powers Memorial Scholarship Fund in 1993 to honor her nursing career and her membership in the Southwestern Pennsylvania Registered Nurses Club. The Southwestern Pennsylvania Registered Nurses Club Scholarship Committee reviews and selects the recipient of the Mary Agnes Powers Memorial Scholarship based on academic standing, merit, and financial need. The Scholarship is awarded in spring, with funds for the final year dispersed directly to the school of nursing or university by The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2023
Application Period Closes: 3/30/2023
- Reside in the following Pennsylvania counties as a permanent resident: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties.
- Pursue a degree or studies in nursing being enrolled in one of the following degree or prelicensure programs: RN diploma, ASN or ADN, BSN, RN-BSN, MSN, DNP, PhD, or comparable program.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing.
- Be entering the final year of the nursing program in the coming academic year.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.