African American Volkswagen Employees' Scholarship Fund The African American Volkswagen Employees' Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to minority persons, which shall include but not be limited to, African Americans who are members of the plaintiff class and former employees of Volkswagen of America, New Stanton PA.
Average Award: $2,000
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior or an accredited school beyond the high school level.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a former employee or relative of an employee of Volkswagen of America, New Stanton, Pennsylvania and designated as class members by the determination of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania in Civil Action Nos. 83-5 and 83-271 Charles E. Penn et. al. v. Volkswagen of America, Inc. Relatives include spouse, brother, sister, parents and lineal descendants.
- Preference will be given to African American individuals.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.