Joseph Bullick Scholarship Fund The Joseph Bullick Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory of two important women in his life. It was created to benefit students in the North Allegheny High School in which he served for so many years. In memory of Kathleen Fitzpatrick, who freed Joe from placement in several foster homes by giving Joe a home from age 4 to age 10. In memory of Joe’s mother, Elizabeth Evans, who cared for Joe after her marriage to George Bullick in October 1941, until her untimely death of pneumonia on November 27, 1941. And, once again in gratitude to Katherine Fitzpatrick, who then opened her home again to Joe during and after his adolescent years. The scholarship exists to benefit the young women in the North Allegheny High School who best demonstrate the values of caring and service in their community and whose future career path reflects the desire to continue this mission. Joseph Bullick was an employee of North Allegheny High School for 40 years and a lifelong resident of the community it serves. Joe started his career as the custodian at Ingomar Elementary, the school in which he attended grade school. He eventually became Supervisor of Custodial Services for the district. Throughout his career, Joe was involved in the district, coaching the N.A. Girls Golf Team for 12 years, the N.A. 9th Grade Softball Team for 17 years, and the N.A. Boys and Girls Bowling Teams until his retirement. Joe also was involved in a variety of different student-related activities.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Deadline: Inquire in the school's Guidance Office.
- Attend high school at/in: North Allegheny High School as a graduating senior.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend a 4-year college or university.
- Be a student who has distinguished themselves in providing volunteer services to school, religious and/or community organizations.
- Preference will be given to a qualified graduating female student.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from a teacher.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.