Joseph Bullick Scholarship Fund The Joseph Bullick Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory of two important women in his life, to benefit students in the North Allegheny School District which he served for so many years. In memory of Kathleen Fitzpatrick, who freed Joe from placement in several foster homes by giving Joe a home from age 4 to age 10. In memory of Joe’s mother Elizabeth Evans who cared for Joe after her marriage to George Bullick in October 1941, until her untimely death of pneumonia on November 27, 1941. And once again in gratitude to Katherine Fitzpatrick, who then opened her home again to Joe during and after his teenage years. To benefit girls in the North Allegheny School District, because Joseph Bullick was an employee of North Allegheny School District for 40 years, beginning as custodian and eventually as Supervisor of Custodial Services. Throughout Joe was involved with students, coaching the N.A. Girls Golf Team for 12 years and coaching the N.A. Girls Softball Team for 17 years.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Deadline: Inquire in the school's Guidance Office.
- Attend high school at/in: North Allegheny School District as a graduating senior.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a student who has distinguished themselves in providing volunteer services to religious, community, school, etc. organizations and providing a letter from the organization where service was volunteered.
- Preference will be given to a qualified graduating female student.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual who is not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.