Sophie M. and John F. Yoney Scholarship Fund The Sophie M. and John F. Yoney Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation. According to the wishes of the gentleman who created this scholarship, the late Mr. John F. Yoney, the scholarships are distributed each year as follows: one scholarship to a graduate from Chartiers-Houston High School; one scholarship to a graduate from Peters Township High School; and three scholarships from Canon McMillan are broken into certain geographic regions: one student selected must be a resident of Cecil Township, one student selected must be a resident of North Strabane Township and one student selected must be a resident of the Borough of Canonsburg.
Average Award: $2,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Deadline: Due to the COVID-19 school closures, the deadline will be extended. Please check with your school's guidance office.
- Attend high school in Chartiers-Houston High School, Peters Township High School or Canon-McMillan High School as a graduating senior. Canon McMillan students must be from Cecil Township, North Strabane Township, and the Borough of Canonsburg.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.