Mon Valley Scholarship Fund The Mon Valley Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for students living in the Mon Valley region of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Average Award: $1,000-$2,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Reside in the Mon Valley region of Pittsburgh (specifically Braddock, Braddock Hills, Chalfant, Clairton, Dravosburg, Duquesne, East McKeesport, East Pittsburgh, Elizabeth Borough, Elizabeth Township, Forest Hills, Forward, Glassport, Homestead, Jefferson Hills, Liberty, Lincoln, McKeesport, Monroeville, Munhall, North Braddock, North Versailles, Penn Hills, Pitcairn, Port Vue, Rankin, South Versailles, Swissvale, Turtle Creek, Versailles, Wall, West Elizabeth, West Homestead, West Mifflin, Whitaker, White Oak, Wilkins, or Wilmerding).
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from individuals unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.