American Advertising Federation Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund The American Advertising Federation Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to build stronger ties between the Pittsburgh advertising community and college, technical school and university level students entering the advertising field. The motivation for the scholarship is to inspire and reward outstanding candidates who have demonstrated potential success in the field and to bring cultural diversity to the Pittsburgh advertising industry.
Average Award: $1,700
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Closes: 2023-24 applications will be available in January.
- Attend a 4-year college or university as an undergraduate student at the junior or senior level in the coming fall semester OR a 2-year college, technical or trade school and be in the final year in the coming fall semester.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Washington County or Westmoreland County in Pennsylvania.
- Pursue a degree or studies in communications, marketing, or advertising.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Be someone who demonstrates academic interest or creative talent in fields of studies pursuant to a career in advertising (i.e.. advertising, art, business, communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations, writing).
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit an original letter of academic recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the student's abilities.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.