Pittsburgh Jazz Society/Howard Gendell M.D. Scholarship Endowment The Pittsburgh Jazz Society/Howard Gendell M.D. Scholarship Endowment was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation through The Friends of Howard Gendell in memory of Howard Gendell, a physician and a jazz musician. Scholarships are for deserving music students pursuing a degree in Music with an emphasis on Jazz Studies.
Average Award: $3,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend Carnegie Mellon University, Chatham University, Duquesne University, or University of Pittsburgh as an undergraduate rising junior or senior OR as a graduate student.
- Pursue a degree or studies in music.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.