Mattie B. Addis Scholarship Fund James W. Addis and James Benjamin "Benjie" Addis created this fund at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory of Mattie B. Addis, wife and mother, an outstanding, dedicated, selfless social worker and social work educator, to provide opportunity for students to enter the field of social work through the undergraduate social work program at the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.
Average Award: $1,400
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Closes: More information about the application period for this scholarship will be available in December. Please check this page for updates.
- Attend the University of Pittsburgh's School of Social Work as a full-time, junior or senior undergraduate student.
- Pursue a degree or studies in social work.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.