Ackerman Scholarship Fund for The Boys and Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania The Ackerman Scholarship Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created to provide an opportunity for members of the Boys & Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania, who could not otherwise afford it, to obtain a college education.
Average Award: $2,500
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Bedford County, Blair County, Butler County, Cambria County, Cameron County, Clarion County, Clearfield County, Crawford County, Elk County, Erie County, Fayette County, Forest County, Greene County, Indiana County, Jefferson County, Lawrence County, McKean County, Mercer County, Somerset County, Venango County, Warren County, Washington County, Westmoreland County
- Have demonstrated commitment to and involvement in the Boys & Girls Club as well as community service to the satisfaction of the Advisory Committee.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be available for an interview.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
Lisa Abel-Palmieri, PhD., President and C.E.O.Boys & Girls Clubs of W. PA 5432 Butler Street Pittsburgh, PA 15201 (412) 782-57105432 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201