Matthew Conover Memorial Scholarship Fund The Matthew Conover Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory of Matthew Conover. Matthew, who died in July 2002 after a courageous battle with Lymphoma, was a 12 year old student at Mellon Middle School. He played drums in the band, played basketball, soccer, and baseball and was known for his friendly smile. This scholarship will be awarded to an individual who has been involved in a music program and a sports program and plans to attend a two or four year college or technical school.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Mt. Lebanon High School as a graduating senior.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a member of a music organization or participate in music lessons and be a member of any sports team.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit two letters of reference (from teachers, community service leaders or other appropriate individuals; please include phone numbers).
- Submit applications to the High School Counseling Office by due date listed in Naviance.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.