Katherine Marie Ferrick/Elizabeth McCabe Memorial Scholarship Fund The Katherine Marie Ferrick/Elizabeth McCabe Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide nursing scholarships for students who attend Central Catholic or Oakland Catholic High School who wish to enter the field of Nursing.
Average Award: $4,000 Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year Award (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain a major in nursing and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Attend Oakland Catholic High School or Central Catholic High School as a graduating senior.
- Pursue a degree or studies in nursing.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited program of nursing.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference: one from a high school teacher and one from a representative in the healthcare field.
- Submit proof of acceptance into nursing school.