The Michael Baker International Iraq Survivors Scholarship Fund The Michael Baker International Iraq Survivors Scholarship fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for children and spouses of U.S. service men and women who are currently in active service or have previously served in any U.S. war dating back to the U.S.-Iraq war declared in March of 2003.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior, or have already earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Reside in one of the following Pennsylvania counties: Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Cumberland, Dauphin, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Washington, or Westmoreland.
- Have a parent or spouse who is a U.S. service man/woman in active military service or who has previously served in any US war dating back to the US-IRAQ war declared in March, 2003.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
- Submit proof of your parent or spouse's status as a U.S. service man/woman in active military service or proof that they have previously served in any US war dating back to the US-IRAQ war declared in March, 2003.