Philip Frances Memorial Scholarship Fund The Philip Frances Memorial Scholarship Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created for graduating seniors at The Neighborhood Academy. The fund was established in 2006 in honor of Philip Frances who exemplified the following: love of family, service to others, betterment through higher education, ability to face adversity with a positive attitude, and patriotism.
Average Award: $2,000
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years provided they maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Attend The Neighborhood Academy as a graduating senior.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university within the United States.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of character reference from someone unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.