Fox Chapel Education Fund/Nancy Jane Edelman Scholarship Fund The Fox Chapel Education Fund/The Nancy Jane Edelman Scholarship was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in 1992 by her family to celebrate and honor her twentieth year as a member of the Fox Chapel Area School Board. Mrs. Edelman is a graduate of Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania, with a major in Mathematics and a Master’s in Education from the University of Pittsburgh. During her 23 years of service on the local school board, Mrs. Edelman was elected president six times. She also served as president of the Allegheny Intermediate Unit for five terms while devoting fifteen years to the efforts of that board. With numerous educational commitments at local and state levels, she has also given time and expertise to Allegheny College as a trustee. The scholarship is for graduating seniors or graduates of Fox Chapel Area High School pursuing further study.
Average Award: $2,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Fox Chapel High School as a graduating senior or be a graduate of Fox Chapel High School.
- Pursue a degree or studies in the broad math or science fields. All majors/focus areas that relate to math or science are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be someone who works well with others as well as shows concern for others.
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to teach math or science in public school but it is not required for consideration.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual who is not related to you. (Due to the COVID-19 school closures, this is now OPTIONAL.)