Fox Chapel Area Education Fund/Craig Shondeck Memorial Scholarship Fund Craig Shondeck was a vibrant, smiling graduate of Fox Chapel Area High School, Class of 1986. Following his graduation he attended Northern Arizona University. While on a trip to Mexico during spring break, he contracted a meningococcal infection which caused his sudden death on March 17, 1987. In memory of his friendship and spirit, his teammates, classmates, friends, and family established this memorial fund in his name to provide scholarships to graduating seniors at Fox Chapel Area High School pursuing their education.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 11/15/2021
Application Period Closes: 4/15/2022
- Attend Fox Chapel High School as a graduating senior.
- Have participated in extracurricular school and/or community activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a student who has exhibited loyalty, dependability and a strong work ethic, having shown spirit and a positive attitude during their high school years.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual who is not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.