Miklos Family Trust Fund #1 The Miklos Family Trust Fund #1 was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to fulfill a long-time wish of, and create a perpetual memorial to, Michael V. Miklos, M.D. He was a dedicated Neurosurgeon who established a one-man Department of Neurosurgery at McKeesport Hospital because he felt that his little home town was in need of a Neurosurgeon. Because he was a "one-man department" he was always available to his patients, whatever hour of the day or night. Scholarships are for persons in need of financial help to continue their education for their third or fourth year at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Average Award: $5,000-$15,000 annually between 1-3 recipients.
Award Type: Renewable for up to 2 Years (subject to the recommendation of the committee).
- Attend the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Plan to attend a meeting with the scholarship committee if requested.
- Be a rising 3rd or 4th year student in the medical school or on leave of absence doing research after completion of first two years of medical school to apply.
- Preference will be given to a candidate who was born, raised, and is residing in the Western Pennsylvania region.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your application for institutionally-administered aid at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Submit your most recent medical school transcripts.