Horticulture/Botany: Kathryn Giarratani Scholarship Fund of the Western PA Herb Society The Kathryn Giarratani Scholarship Fund of the Western PA Unit of The Herb Society of America was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to college and graduate students following a career path in horticulture/botany or related field.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend Arcadia University, Chatham University, Delaware Valley College, Elizabethtown College, Keystone College, Messiah College, Pennsylvania State University, Philadelphia University, Temple University-Ambler College, Villanova University, or Wilson College as a full-time junior or senior OR be in a graduate program.
- Pursue a degree or studies in bachelor of science or a post-graduate degree in horticulture, botany, sustainability or related field.
- Have the ability to attend a meeting of the Western PA unit of the Herb Society and/or visit the herb gardens maintained by the Unit in Mellon Park and Old Economy Village.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Preference will be given to students who are residents of Western Pennsylvania.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit a list of botany/horticulture/sustainability-related extracurricular projects.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.