Horticulture/Botany: Kathryn Giarratani Scholarship Fund of the Western PA Herb Society The Kathryn Giarratani Scholarship Fund of the Western PA Unit of The Herb Society of America was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to college and graduate students following a career path in horticulture/botany or related field.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 4/1/2024
- Attend a 2- or 4-year college or university or a graduate program.
- Pursue a degree or studies in bachelor of science or a post-graduate degree in horticulture, botany, environmental science, plant science, sustainability or related field.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Preference will be given to students who are residents of Western Pennsylvania.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from someone unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.