Dorothy & Richard Barr Westmoreland County High School Scholarship Fund The Dorothy and Richard Barr Scholarship Fund was created at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to provide scholarship support to Westmorland County High School students who have demonstrated community leadership and strong academic performance. The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above. The applicant must also show community leadership in the form of volunteer activities inside and outside of school.
Average Award: $500 to $2,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend high school as a graduating senior at/in: Belle Vernon High School, Burrell High School, Derry Area High School, Franklin Regional High School, Greater Latrobe High School, Greensburg Salem High School, Hempfield Area High School, Jeannette City High School, Kiski Area High School, Ligonier Valley High School, Monessen City High School, Mount Pleasant Area High School, New Kensington-Arnold High School, Norwin High School, Penn-Trafford High School, Southermoreland High School, Yough High School.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.