Robert Bulger Memorial Scholarship Fund The Robert Bulger Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County by a community member and long-time supporter of Jeannette District Memorial Hospital in honor of its former CEO and President, Robert J. Bulger. Scholarships are to benefit residents of the 15644 zip code and are available to traditional and non traditional students who wish to earn credits within the healthcare field that lead to an associate degree, diploma, certificate or a baccalaureate degree program at a two or four-year institution.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior at/in: Jeannette High School, Hempfield High School, Penn Trafford High School.
- Reside in the 15644 zip code in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Pursue a degree or studies in health.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from a faculty member.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.