Charles E. Kaylor Sr. Excellence in the Arts Award The Charles E. Kaylor, Sr. Excellence in the Arts Award was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to foster the continuing education of students from the Greensburg Salem High School who have demonstrated a love of, and proficiency in, the arts. Mr. Charles Kaylor, Sr.’s long career in commercial art and advertising provided the principal for this fund. His love of most art forms made logical the establishment of his legacy. Passion, pride, drive and knowledge, individually, may not necessarily provide success, but when they are employed together, they almost always do.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2023
Application Period Closes: 3/15/2023
- Attend Greensburg Salem High School Arts Related Field of Study as a graduating senior.
- Have proficiency in an Arts Discipline.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be in the top 20% of the high school graduating class.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of recommendation from Department Head.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.