John F. Kenney, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund The John F. Kenney, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County by Mr. Kenney's wife, Marguerite, and his five children to commemorate Mr. Kenney's abiding concern and commitment to the education of young people who reside in the Greensburg Salem High School. The purpose of the fund is to provide merit-based scholarships to graduating seniors who plan to further his/her education at a four-year institution of higher education.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2023
Application Period Closes: 3/15/2023
- Attend high school in the Greensburg-Salem High School as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have completed a rigorous course load.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Plan to attend a 4-year college or university.
- Be actively involved in the school community and scored at least a 1350 on the reading and math Pennsylvania State System of Assessment (PSSA) tests; and has scored at least 1050 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- Preference will be given to over-achievers.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
- Submit proof of test scores for the PSSA and SAT (should beincluded in your transcript).