Nathan A. Pescatore Memorial Scholarship Fund The Nathan A. Pescatore Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County, a component of The Pittsburgh Foundation, by Nathan’s mother and sisters to celebrate Nathan’s love of life and his community. Nathan attended Greater Latrobe High School and served as a volunteer firefighter to the Lloydsville Volunteer Fire Department in Westmoreland County. Nathan’s life was tragically cut short at age 17 in the line of duty as he responded to a service call. This scholarship serves to honor Nathan’s life by providing scholarship assistance to graduating seniors from a Westmoreland County High School wishing to further their education and pursuing a degree or studies in the fields of science, technology, engineering/manufacturing, fire or health care. (Immediate family members of any person serving on the Ligonier Valley Endowment Board of Governors are ineligible for this scholarship.)
Average Award: $500
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 3/15/2024
- Attend high school in Westmoreland County, PA as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Pursue a degree or studies in science, technology, engineering/manufacturing, fire or health care.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR a 2- or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.