CFWC - Nathan Pescatore Memorial Scholarship Fund The Nathan A. Pescatore Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County, a component of The Pittsburgh Foundation, by Nathan’s mother and sisters to celebrate Nathan’s love of life and his community. Nathan attended Greater Latrobe High School and served as a volunteer firefighter to the Lloydsville Volunteer Fire Department in Westmoreland County. Nathan’s life was tragically cut short at age 17 in the line of duty as he responded to a service call. This scholarship serves to honor Nathan’s life by providing scholarship assistance to graduating senior from a Westmoreland County High School wishing to further their education at Westmoreland County Community College in a program of study contained in the Nursing, EMT, Machine Trade or Fire Training programs.
Average Award $500
- Attend Greater Latrobe, Derry High School, or Ligonier Valley High Schools as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend Westmoreland County Community College in the Nursing, Emergency Medical Technician, Machine Trade or Fire Training programs.
- Preference will be given to students who pursue a course of study within the ‘Technology, Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Science’ curriculum.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.