Matthew John Getty Scholarship Fund The Getty family created the Matthew John Getty Scholarship Fund at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County in his memory. Matthew was a graduate of Franklin Regional High School, where he played football. He also played collegiate football at the University of Pittsburgh. The family wishes to honor Matthew by providing an annual scholarship in his name. The scholarship is intended to provide financial support for one male and one female graduate of Franklin Regional High School each year to offset some of the costs of pursuing higher education. Candidates must have participated in at least one high school sport. Candidates must have above average grades and exhibit financial need.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2023
Application Period Closes: 3/15/2023
- Attend Franklin Regional High School as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County.
- Have lettered in one high school sport.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.