Vincent C. Gray Memorial Scholarship Fund The Vincent C. Gray Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County in memory of Vincent Gray and to continue his support of young student athletes, who through hard work and determination have proven that they can perform above their expected level of abilities. Vincent Gray was president/owner of Irwin Interior Systems, Inc. which he created through hard work, determination and honesty; he was “a true man of his word.” He worked day and night seven days a week in order to create a good life for his family and to build a successful company. At the time of his passing, he had achieved both and more. Residents of the North Huntingdon area and proud parents of Matt and Tim, Vincent and his wife Katharine, “Kitty,” guided their boys through their academic and athletic careers at Norwin. Vincent Gray was always a supporter of young student athletes in a variety of different ways and this scholarship is a continuation of his legacy.
Average Award: $10,000 Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain degree status and passing grades.
Application Period Closes: 2023-24 applications will be available in January.
- Attend Norwin High School as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County.
- Have competed in an interscholastic sport at Norwin High School.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Preference will be given to will be given to students with good attendance and involvement in extracurricular activities.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.