Vincent C. Gray Memorial Scholarship Fund The Vincent C. Gray Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County in memory of Vincent Gray and to continue his support of young student athletes, who through hard work and determination have proven that they can perform above their expected level of abilities. Vincent Gray was president/owner of Irwin Interior Systems, Inc. which he created through hard work, determination and honesty; he was “a true man of his word.” He worked day and night seven days a week in order to create a good life for his family and to build a successful company. At the time of his passing, he had achieved both and more. Residents of the North Huntingdon area and proud parents of Matt and Tim, Vincent and his wife Katharine, “Kitty,” guided their boys through their academic and athletic careers at Norwin. Vincent Gray was always a supporter of young student athletes in a variety of different ways and this scholarship is a continuation of his legacy.
Average Award: $10,000 Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year Award (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain degree status and passing grades.
- Attend Norwin High School as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a scholar-athlete.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.