Ned A Hageal Memorial Scholarship Fund The Ned A. Hageal Memorial Scholarship was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County by friends of Ned A. Hageal in his memory. Ned was tragically killed in an automobile accident while performing a duty as Valley High School Principal. Mr. Hageal was a lifelong resident of the New Kensington‐Arnold area. His aspirations were always to become a teacher and to serve his community. He taught and administered with passion, pride and dedication. The Ned A. Hageal Memorial Scholarship will be awarded annually to a Valley High School graduate who has been accepted to an institution of higher learning who demonstrates qualities of honesty, integrity, a strong work ethic and high scholarship. The recipient will also demonstrate participation in a variety of activities both in the school and in the community. These are all qualities that Mr. Hageal exemplified in his lifetime.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Valley High School as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.