Kenneth P. Rutter (Rotary) Scholarship Fund The Kenneth P. Rutter Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to award a scholarship to a traditional or non-traditional applicant residing in Westmoreland County, who has achieved a high school diploma or equivalent including a GED or Home School certificate. Preference will be given to students who seek to enter the Christian Ministry, and/or who have exhibited a strong interest in Community Service and Humanitarian Service. (Immediate family members of any person serving on the Ligonier Valley Endowment Board of Governors are ineligible for this scholarship.)
Average Award: $2,500
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 3/15/2024
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent including a GED or Home School Certificate.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Preference will be given to students who seek to enter the Christian Ministry, and/or who have exhibited a strong interest in community service and humanitarian service.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.