The 14th Quartermaster/Operation Desert Storm Scholarship Fund The 14th Quartermaster/Operation Desert Storm Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to provide scholarship support to Westmoreland County High School students who are considering a career within a military branch or who has a parent who is a veteran or currently serving in the United States Army (to include Army Reserves who have seen active duty). The scholarship is not based on financial need; however, financial information will be requested. The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of a B or above. The applicant must effectively communicate how military service has played a part in their family dynamic, how the service or continuing service of a parent has shaped their character and future plans.
2023 award budget is approximately $2,100
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2023
Application Period Closes: 3/30/2023
You are now leaving The Pittsburgh Foundation website and entering Scholarship America’s website where the specific fund you are applying to will be included within a combined application offering additional scholarship opportunities.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be considering a career within a military branch or have a parent who is a veteran or active Army or Army Reserve.
How to Apply
- Click the button on this page and follow the instructions from Scholarship America. (This page will show the button when the application period is open.)