The 14th Quartermaster/Operation Desert Storm Scholarship Fund The 14th Quartermaster/Operation Desert Storm Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to provide scholarship support to Westmoreland County High School students who are considering a career within a military branch or who has a parent who is a veteran or currently serving in the United States Army (to include Army Reserves who have seen active duty). The scholarship is not based on financial need; however, financial information will be requested. The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of a B or above. The applicant must effectively communicate how military service has played a part in their family dynamic, how the service or continuing service of a parent has shaped their character and future plans.
Average Award: $1,200
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Belle Vernon Area School District, Burrell School District, Derry Area School District, Franklin Regional School District, Greater Latrobe School District, Greensburg Salem School District, Hempfield Area School District, Jeannette City School District, Kiski Area School District, Ligonier Valley School District, Monessen City School District, Mount Pleasant Area School District, New Kensington-Arnold School District, Norwin School District, Penn-Trafford School District, Southermoreland School District, Yough School District as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be considering a career within a military branch or have a parent who is a veteran or currently serving in the United States Army. This includes Army Reserves who have seen active duty.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from someone unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
- Submit proof of parent's military service.