Pittsburgh Women in Communications Scholarship Fund The Pittsburgh Women in Communications Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide assistance to outstanding students studying various fields of communications.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend a four-year college or university as a junior, senior, or graduate student at a school offering a degree in a communications-related field as of the fall the scholarship is awarded. Applicants must attend an institution in Pennsylvania and may be full- or part-time students.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Washington County, or Westmoreland County in Pennsylvania.
- Pursue a degree or studies in communications including but not limited to advertising, journalism, marketing, public relations, graphic design, television, radio, film, photography or multimedia.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references attesting to your communications experience.
- Submit a resume in the format as it would be presented to an employer (including internships, awards, publications, community activities and memberships in social or academic associations) AND one sample of work that shows applicant's ability in chosen field.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.