The Power to Do More
There are many ways to make a charitable gift through The Pittsburgh Foundation. The Foundation is a trusted resource for donors like you and your professional advisors searching for ways to give back to the community, while seeking maximum tax advantages.
How to Add to Your Fund
- Donate Online. [Search funds]
- By check—make out checks to The Pittsburgh Foundation (Include the fund to which you wish to donate in the memo field), and mail to: The Pittsburgh Foundation, Five PPG Place, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
- Appreciated stock.
- Closely held stock—“C” corporations, “S” corporations, partnership interests and LLCs.
- Real estate or partial interest in real estate—you can also retain the right to live in the property during your lifetime.
- Transfer of a private or family foundation.
- Planned gifts (bequests) utilizing cash, appreciated stock, closely held stock, life insurance, real estate, and retirement fund assets such as 401ks and IRAs.
- A Charitable Gift Annuity that makes periodic payments to you as provided in the gift annuity agreement.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust (Annuity or Unitrust) in which you and/or others retain the right to receive income for life, or a period of years, with the remainder to be distributed to your fund at The Pittsburgh Foundation.
- A Charitable Lead Annuity Trust that makes a fixed annual payment to your fund at The Pittsburgh Foundation for a stated period of years, after which the remaining assets are transferred to your children or other named beneficiaries. The tax advantages are greatest when a trust is created while interest rates are low.
Ready to add to your existing fund?
Let our knowledgeable donor services staff guide you through the steps to adding to your fund. Call our office at 412-394-2630 or contact us via email:
development [at] pghfdn.org (email us)class="button"